I recently experienced xml parser issue with Tomcat 6.0.16. After looking into Tomcat’s source code a bit and reading up on how a new instance of SAXParserFactory is created, I was pretty sure that bug fix “Bug 29936 – XML parser loading problems by container” would have fixed the issue I was having as well. I was curious to see the changes made as part of this bug fix, but I couldn’t find a link that listed the changes made. After a few Google searches and clicking on different links, I finally found the changes. Below are the steps I used:
- Comment 17 at https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=29936#c17 is “This has been committed to 6.0.x and will be in 6.0.17 onwards”. I found that the fix is in branch 6.0.17.
- With the help of Google search I found the subversion URL for Tomcat branch 6.0.17: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/tc6.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_6_0_17/
- Found mention of bug 29936 in revision log of changelog.xml
- Clicked on version link 652592
- The list of files modified were displayed here!
I hope this post will be helpful to the curious type who wants to see changes made as part of bug fix.